Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weston had a birthday!

On June 1st, my sweet husband turned 36 years old!!! We had so much fun with him this year, especially since it wasn't fast Sunday like it was last year (that was miserable). The kids and I got up early to make him his favorite blueberry muffins to take with him to work. Later that day the kids helped to make his birthday cake too. They loved being a part of all the preparations and went just a teenzy bit overboard with the sprinkles, surprise, surprise. Okay, please don't laugh at our cake. I'm not the cake decorator like most of my friends but it was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and HE LOVED IT!



Money's been a little tight (stupid economy) and we weren't able to do much by way of gifts but I told Weston he could shop online for the best deal for THIS volleyball that he's been coveting for months.
This is the official NCAA (college/professional) indoor ball and I have to admit, it does have a really nice feel to it and in fact Weston now swears that this ball helps him hit straight down too. Ha, ha, hee, hee , ho, ho.....(I know, you can all laugh now too!)

Anyway, there is not a single object on this planet that he loves more at this moment so we are very happy that he had a great birthday and got just what he wanted. We love you honey.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Super touch indeed! Oh...I want cake! Glad your birthday was good Wes!

Mark and Karen said...

Not only did Weston have a birthday but Emily did too! I can't wait to see how her day went.

I really want to play with Weston's new volleyball. I guess I'll have to covet it from afar!

I agree with Weston whole heartedly...a good ball can help your hitting!

Happy belated Weston.