
I actually didn't get many photos of our trip this year because my camera got washed down the river. It was in my camping chair when a gust of wind blew the dang thing into the river when I wasn't looking. My poor chair was never recovered but amazingly my camera (still in it's case) bumped into some one's leg about 200 yards down the river. They picked it up soaking wet and gave it back to me. I was able to recover the memory card with a few photos on it but the camera itself wouldn't turn on. It's working now amazingly enough. It just needed to dry out a bit I guess. I'm just happy it wasn't a total loss. I also was happy that I didn't lose this photo of Jalon with his "Edward" hair. I just love it!
So the main BIG event at these reunions is the talent show. I think I may have mentioned before just how talented this bunch is but just in case....take a look at these...
This really isn't even HALF but this is all I could find on facebook (remember the camera incident?). I wish I had video for these performances but take my word for it EVERY single one of these people are so talented it's unbelievable! UNBELIEVABLE!!! What gets me is that most of these guys just "THROW" this stuff together, last minute like, once they get up there. It's crazy. Weston sang a couple of times. Once with his brother Shane and sister Wendy. They sang Carrie Underwood's "I Told You So". Then he sang "If Only" again with Larry. It was sooooo nice. I also think I heard a rumor that Weston's cousin Travis is auditioning for American Idol and he should! He's really quite good. I'll be keeping an eye out.
It's funny, some of my in-laws will casually suggest that one of these years, I should get up and do something. HA! It makes me laugh. I can't sing (at least not like them) and I don't dance anymore either. What do they think I could show off...a floor plan? It's so funny! EVERYONE is so talented in this family that they easily forget that SOME of us just don't have those kinds of talents. Well here's to hoping that some small part of their singing ability will rub off on me...someday.....
4 comments:
EEK i hate snakes too!! Jalon's hair in that picture really does look like edward's!! haha so cute. I've heard everyone on the morris side can sing amazingly, and I've heard your husband, he is awesome!!
Totally has nothing to do with your post. How did things work out with what we talked about? I assume good because I never heard back from you.
I'm loving the hair. The snakes not so much but hey...I'm not the one touching them right?
Glad you had fun!
Oh my gosh I would have been so paranoid about the snakes. That's CRAZY.
Post a Comment