Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Watching Daddy Play Some "V"

Yay, I'm doing a little better and catching up on an old post just ONE day later instead of one.. okay TWO weeks. I'm so proud of myself! Hee, hee. So anyway, I promised the kids one day that if they were really good I'd let them stay up so we could go watch daddy play volleyball. He's been playing every Thursday night on a co-ed league at the new Barney Sports Complex (nice place). I'm not sure the kids actually saw Weston play anything but at least they played nice with each other... the WHOLE night! (Miracles never cease.)
Cole doing a cheer for daddy.
One of the girls Weston plays with is absolutely AMAZING. Weston won't admit it but she hits harder than he does and if you've seen Weston hit you know that's saying something! She and her husband run their own coaching gig and they're in demand year round working with children all over the valley. In fact her little 10 year old daughter COMPLETELY schooled me a few Friday's ago on our regular volleyball night. It was pretty humbling to say the least. She's going to make quite the volleyball player when she grows up. Olympic material for sure! Anyway, she was telling me that right before we got to Weston's game he was apparently hitting lousy. She threatened him that if he didn't start hitting, she wasn't going to give him another set the rest of the night. Just then she said I showed up and what do you know? He started hitting like a mad man. I couldn't help but laugh but it made me feel good that he still tries to impress me. Ahhhhh. I wish I had a better camera to capture him with. One of these days....

Gotta love that new volleyball!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

He'll say the volleyball is worth every penney spent won't he!?! wink!

I love volleyball and can't wait for our stake to start it up again!

Mark and Karen said...

I want someone to come and cheer me on, and take some pictures so I can have it documented that I could really play at one time.

Volleyball is the best!!!

Miss Niss said...

awesome! i was just thinking the other day how much i missed playing sand vball!!!