Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Sing 2009

Last night the kids had their annual Spring Sing. I can't tell you enough how proud I am of my kids and their school. My in-laws attend all their grand kids singing functions during Christmas and throughout the year. They've almost reached 30 kiddos so believe me, they've attended quite a few! Anyway, year after year they remind us that our kids school is the ONLY one that still sings traditional songs about Christ. This Spring Sing concert is more of a celebration of our country were they sang songs including "God bless America, the National Anthem (with God) and my all time favorite patriotic song "God Bless the USA". They also sang traditional folk songs that were really fun. I didn't get too many good pictures because the light was getting so bad but I did get this partial video of Jalon singing "Yankee Doodle". He totally cracked me up! I couldn't get my camera to focus in the dim light but take a look...

Okay, I guess we should explain about "pulling faces" as Simon Cowell would say and over exaggeration. Nah!

At this concert I was very happy they sang songs that included reference to God our Father. We live in a world were liberal atheists are trying desperately hard to ban all such references to the Father and his Son, especially in our school systems. I honestly think they are winning too which is really sad. Actually it's not just sad, it makes me want to scream and fight! This country was founded by men who acknowledged that it is through God that we have this country and the freedoms we enjoy. This is a choice land full of freedoms that are being stripped from us at an alarming rate. The loss of freedoms I resent the most, however, are the ones that try to ban me and my kids from honoring and worshiping as we please. So I wanted to say, "Thank you Benjamin Franklin for standing up and not allowing censorship of Christ and God to happen in OUR school!" As a parent, a patriot, a daughter of God and a follower of Christ, I commend you and appreciate all you do!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

They all did a great job.....It was nice seeing there. By the way I saw no hair on the legs lol....

Mark and Karen said...

Amen!

That video was cute. How did having to sing "I am a yankie doodle BOY" go over with all those girls? Too funny...but way cute!

Anonymous said...

He did such a good job! That was fun to watch!