Since our camping trip, I've been wanting Coda to
take me for some more bike rides but I've been
soooooooooooooo busy. Poor dog, he's been cooped up in our backyard for at least three weeks now but this morning we finally headed out! Okay, when I'm riding with him, I seriously feel like a little kid. I'm completely giddy and I can feel the ear-to-ear smile on my face. I know I must look absolutely ridiculous but I don't care. I'm having FUN! I literally have to peddle as fast as I can (with limited speed controls) just to be able to keep up with him. The wind whips my face and I love it! Coda thrills me with how strong and fast he is and this morning I both enjoyed it AND learned to respect it. Take a look...

This is what happens when a 65 pound dog gets a
whiff of another dog and takes off WITH the bike still attached to him and ME in the way. Yeah, OUCH!
PS. I forgot to mention those are PUNCTURE wounds from the spikes on the bike peddle. I was standing beside the bike. We had just arrived at the park when he smelled the other dog. He took off, slamming the bike into my leg.
Oh, and Coda was not hurt, just a little startled by the riderless bike dragging behind him. Silly dog.
3 comments:
Way ouch!! Now I know why I'm not as care free as you. I think I'll stick to being a scaredy cat.
Yuck! Poor guy. I know our dog us 91 pounds now. They have power and do not know it. Good thing my dog is afraid of his own shadow.
haha that is so crazy!!!!
Post a Comment