
I've been wanting to share some special experiences on my blog about my mom but have struggled with where to start. There is so much to share so I decided that I'll have to save that for a well thought out sort of biography where I can really explain the pain and triumph of my mother's life and experiences so that the significance of this post will be understood. She is a woman who has been through so much in her life and a few months ago she almost gave up for good. Amazingly she is still here trying to create a life she's always wanted. A life with her kids and grand kids. I'll need her help to tell her story so for the time being, I wanted to do a quick post about my kids craft sessions with my mom. This is something she really enjoys doing and it's been the highlight of my kids week every time they get to go spend some time with their Grandma Sumpter. My mom used to work for Michael's and absolutely loves doing crafts with people. So on Fridays, when we can manage it, I've started taking my kids over to spend time with her. This past week the kids painted bird houses. They had soooo much fun not only with the actual painting part but mixing colors as well.



It's so sad that I don't do this kind of stuff myself so I'm
really grateful that my mom wants to do this with my kids and more importantly that she is creating special bonds with them. As this new tradition continues, I know they will develop a closeness that we have all been dreaming about. Thank you mom for all that you are doing! We love you!
4 comments:
What a great post! And what a great reminder that its never too late to make great memories with those in your life. Aren't grandmas the best!
You got to love these time. I love it the memories being made. I need your e-mail to invite you to my blog. E-mail me
nicholebillingsley@cox.net
how fun for your mom and the kids!! good times!
Amazing! Never thought these kind of experiences would be possible with mom. These past two years, I've been grateful to be so far from home...you've slightly made me want to return.
love ya!
Post a Comment