Friday, November 28, 2008

My NOT SO NICE "Twilight" review.

Okay, this will probably sound like blaspheme to half of America and I mean no offense to anyone who loved the movie but I JUST saw the Twilight movie and....I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT!!! This movie SCREAMED low budget! Stephenie Meyer, what in the world were you thinking???!!! I cannot come up with enough superlatives to describe how awful that movie was. That was THE WORST adaptation of a book I have ever experienced. I know you read the script before hand and THAT could not have thrilled you AT ALL. It was horrible! Even IF the actors had done a decent job with their roles which they DID NOT, the screen play itself doomed it before it even had a chance! I was so utterly disappointed that it actually was VERY VERY FUNNY TO ME. I had to work really hard to keep from laughing when it wasn't appropriate. I went with my sister in law Mandy while we are up in Show Low together for a family snow trip. I've read the books, she hasn't. Consequently she like it and I could hardly keep from busting a gut during the whole movie and NO it was not due to the "attempted" humor throughout the film. I prefer humor that catches you off guard, humor that is cleverly integrated. This movie's attempts at humor was so predictable and cliche it was killing me. Mandy kept looking over to me trying to understand my reactions throughout the movie. I couldn't sit still, I was so irritated. I squirmed and giggled through the whole thing. She had no idea it was because I was being completely TORTURED by every scene that had been so utterly butchered by over acting and rushed dialog. Oh and the movie moved sooooooo incredibly slow it was driving me mad! I mean come on! If I hadn't been so interested to see how the thing was going to turn out, I would have fallen asleep! Alright, alright, I'm taking a deep breath now. Okay, I KNOW I'm not being very nice so I should TRY and say a couple of good things about it if I can......here it goes.....Bella was pretty and the Cullen house was cool. There, I did it! That wasn't so bad. I actually have photos of the Cullen house in one of my architecture books or magazines at home and the film DID NOT do it justice AT ALL but hey, I guess that's only fitting as the movie didn't do the book justice either.

4 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Way to go Chris...what a great review! Now I don't feel bad that I didn't go with my friends. I just couldn't make myself pay full price for a movie I knew would let me down. Someday I will venture out and watch the movie in the comfort of my own home so I can laugh and enjoy the silliness without offended anyone who loves it. I have had some friends who say thay actually like the movie. Most are in the same boat as you.

Anonymous said...

WHAT?! TAKE THAT BACK!! Holy heck are you kidding me?????!!!! I saw the movie and I thought it was amazing! Aunt Christine, you apparently aren't a devoted Twilight fan like I thought. *cries for your loss* ;)

Christine said...

I'm sorry Maddie. I can't help it! I really hated the movie. Really, I'm just dissappointed because I AM a big Twilight fan and I thought the movie could have been soooooooooo much better. Maybe my expectations were too high?

Will you ever forgive me???? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, I TOTALLY agreed with every single word you said about the movie!! It word for word was how I felt, and I camped out for 6 hours at the midnight show!! So ticked!! New Moon BETTER be 10 steps up from Twilight or I'm going to burn Stephanie at the stake! :-) Lynda