Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Well, Halloween has come and gone already? Where did this year go??!!! Last year was such a blast in Florida (and it seemed like yesterday) that I was afraid this year would be a bummer by comparison but it wasn't. We truly had a great time visiting with all of our neighbors and friends throughout our neighborhood. After trick-or-treating the 1/2M loop in our area we let the kids hop in the back of the truck and went around "Happy Halloweening" everyone. It was great. We saw some incredible decorations and Oh yeah, I heard a really good joke from my dear friend Anissa.

Why can't ghost have babies?
Because they have a "Halloweenie".

Ha, ha, ha. Okay, that was probably not appropriate but I thought it was cute!

I was really cheep this year and didn't get my boys any new costumes. The ones we bought for last year still fit and nobody here got to see them anyway. I know, I'm pretty pathetic as a mom some times. It's the quality time we spent together that counts, right?

By the way, in case you are wondering, Emily is a "Good" ghost. We sprayed glitter all over her so she would glow but you can't see it very well in the photo. This was taken in front of the fantastic setup that the Abney's did. It was more gorgeous than scary.


This photo was taken in the morning before Cole's pre-school party. You can't see it very well but he has an awesome mohawk! He makes a great "serious" face! So model like, don't ya think?

5 comments:

Esther said...

Love the costumes--love the kids in them more!!! Since they aren't worn out, or used up and you can't eat them--you did just what we were counseled to do today. Must have been inspiration.

I must say that I believe all of your kids are posers. The slide show from Canyon Lake and these really show off some diverse personalities.

I'm so glad you are making great memories for them that will last and bind your family together forever!!

Good for you, Chris.

Kelli said...

Awesome pictures of your munchkins. I love the "Good Ghost!" Holy cow...check out the Abney's. I agree...more gorgeous than scary!

P.S. I came to your blog thinking/hoping you would post on the election! Here's to the patriots of our country.

Nikki said...

Great Costumes

Mindy said...

How fun! Wish we could have handed out candy to your trick-or-treaters. :)

Miss Niss said...

i love that last pic! so serious!!!