Guess what? As of tonight, I have DOUBLED the miles I ran last year! That makes me really happy especially considering how much I've been struggling with all sorts of pain since my accident. If you could see me run these days, it's absolutely ridiculous! I wear knee braces on both knees. About 2 years ago when I started running again these were necessary but I hadn't had to use them at all this year until that fateful day. Argggg! I also sport loads of white tape holding my shins together and I have been suffering from charley horses. My first two miles of every run are practically excruciating. Sometimes I have to stop but most of the time my body will eventually go numb figuring I'm not quiting today! I have to ice after every run and take anti-inflammatory drugs regularly. Fun, fun, fun. Sometimes I wonder why in the heck I'm still doing this to myself but I can't seem to make myself stop. I'm a bit faster than I was a year ago (but still too slow for my likes) and I can run farther than I've ever ran before which feels really good BUT here's the BIGGEST downer.....I haven't lost ONE, SINGLE, DAD-GUM POUND ALL YEAR!!!!!! What's up with that??!!! Humph!
Last years miles: 333
Miles to date: 666
(Okay, that's a crappy number! If I would have thought ahead I would have made myself run AT LEAST one more mile last year!)
5 comments:
Keep going! You're an insperation.
congrats! thats so great!!!
That is so AwEsOmE! Maybe I can find the motivation to run one day!
You can come over anytime to watch the CMA awards. I still have it reordered :)
Congratulations! Yay you!
Good for you girl! That is awesome you should be so proud of yourself.
Post a Comment