After pushing myself 31 hours (and only 9 hours of sleep) in a little over 2 days to meet a deadline, the extra long holiday weekend couldn't come a moment too soon! I can't tell you enough how much I needed a break with my family and I loved every minute of it! First, we spent most of the day out in Maricopa at my brother's home for Thanksgiving. It's been 3 years since we've spent Thanksgiving with my family because of some trials that we've been going through so to be together this year was especially great. Anyway, all of my family seemed to be really happy and doing well in spite of the never ending trials most of us are going through. The kids had a great time playing in the backyard and video games too. Emily and Jalon are actually quite good at soccer. They are so much fun to watch.
After we left my brother's house we spent the rest of the day at Weston's parents home in Mesa and gorged ourselves again. I have to say that Spencer's turkey was the absolute best I've ever had. Oh, it was so yummy! No offense anyone! You can try and out-do him next year and I'll be happy to sample it for you!
Friday morning we took off to Show Low with Weston's family as part of a long standing family tradition. His family has been going to the same spot for years to play in the snow (if there actually is snow) and select a live Christmas tree. Now-a-days, most of the family has artificial trees but there are always a few who prefer a real tree. We've done it both ways but for the past couple of years we've gone the fresh route. No matter the tree preference, we all enjoy spending time together and supporting mom and dad in their tradition. This year we had PERFECT weather! The sky was a bright clear blue and the snow was perfect - not too deep but just deep enough to really have some fun with! 
Wes spent a great deal of his time slinging the kids around on my snowboard. I can't tell you how excited I am that we are getting snow this early. I really really hope we can do some boarding this winter! I can't tell you how much I love that my hubby will snow board with me! I can't wait!



At the end of our trip we stopped at the base of the canyon and played at the Salt River for a while. I wish I had gotten some pictures but the batteries were dead. The river was completely brown with mud, it was kinda cool. The kids tried their hand at skipping rocks and Weston had to show off by throwing a rock completely across the river. Okay, maybe that's not too hard if you're a GUY but I couldn't do it! I love you sweetie!
7 comments:
what a fun filled weekend!!! i LOVE that picture of you and wes! so adorable
That is so AWESOME that you were able to go to the snow already. You are inspiring me to take my family on a little weekend getaway. I LOVE the picture of you and Weston as well! It looks like it belongs as an example in a picture frame.
We did have a great time at Jim's. I really enjoyed talking to Cole and Jalon. I can't believe how big they are getting. Thanks for putting pictures on the blog so others can see how much fun we had.
I love the pictures. I agree with anissa the one with you and wes is fantastic.
I feel so out of touch! Here it is Wednesday and I'm just barely looking at this! What a fun weekend and it sounds like a much needed break!
Cute cute pictures!
I'm sorry I had to miss out. Sounds like you guys had a great time.
I agree, your pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.
That is a fun weekend. I want to come next time. I will hide in the back.
Post a Comment