On to the campout...We pulled the kids out of school early and headed out Friday afternoon. Once we got up there, the kids immediately hit the water. I kept Cole in his floating swim suit which I got teased about the ENTIRE time we were there! Okay, fine, I know it looks absolutely ridiculous but at least he was safe from drowning! I'm all about relieving my stress as much as possible these days! Sheesh!
So anyway, we had a really great BBQ dinner of grilled cheeseburgers and hot dogs. Then we had a talent show. Wes performed some songs with some of the guys which was really nice but the one that stole the show was Bro. Maughn and his son. It was so hilarious! I just sat here for a moment trying to think how I can explain it but I just can't! Trust me it was funny! If I ever have the courage to do something like that I think I will. It had everybody rolling.
After a really good nights sleep, Saturday was just really relaxing. It was so nice to sit and visit with everyone. I went on a boat ride around the lake with Emily. She hated it when we went fast but I LOVED IT! The faster the better for me. I miss my days of riding motor cycles and jet skis. I miss SPEED! I've got to get myself something FAST one of these days! Oh, the memories....
5 comments:
Who came up with the plan to have a ward campout right by water? I would have been terrified to go.
It does look like you had lots of fun. Great pictures!
The kids were thrilled they were leaving early. Emily keep telling me. It was great. I am glad you had fun and relieved a little stress.
I know, thus the blue floatie Cole had on the entire time we were there. I wasn't going to take any chances. I know of a few families that would have gone if it weren't for the water. It really should have been located somewhere else so ALL could feel comfortable and safe. It didn't help that the day before the camp out, half our ward attended the funeral of a 2 year old that drowned in one of the canals out here. It was so heart breaking!
Oh my, The story only gets worse!
We were once in a ward that always had the ward campout on the beach of a lake. We never went. 3 little ones 4 and under equals NO water!
Post a Comment