Today Anissa and I did some trail running in the beautiful San Tan Mountains. I can't believe I've lived here for over three years and this was the first time I went out there and it's so close too! Unfortunately I didn't do nearly as well as I had hoped to today. In fact I really feel like the hills beat me! First, I didn't give myself enough time to digest my breakfast before we went. That resulted in me throwing up about a couple of miles in. Yuk! Second, my body's completely dysfunctional internal thermostat made it just about impossible to push myself the way I would have wanted to. I barely finished 5 miles today! I overheat so easy! I hate it! Even when I was young and skinny as could be, I always had a problem with overheating. About half way through my head started tingling and I got goose bumps all over. What the heck! How am I supposed to train through the summer when I can't even run without suffering from heat fatigue in 75 degree weather???!!!! I'm really upset about this. I've been working so hard and now I might have to lay off for a few months. I'm gonna go cry in my pillow now.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Today Anissa and I did some trail running in the beautiful San Tan Mountains. I can't believe I've lived here for over three years and this was the first time I went out there and it's so close too! Unfortunately I didn't do nearly as well as I had hoped to today. In fact I really feel like the hills beat me! First, I didn't give myself enough time to digest my breakfast before we went. That resulted in me throwing up about a couple of miles in. Yuk! Second, my body's completely dysfunctional internal thermostat made it just about impossible to push myself the way I would have wanted to. I barely finished 5 miles today! I overheat so easy! I hate it! Even when I was young and skinny as could be, I always had a problem with overheating. About half way through my head started tingling and I got goose bumps all over. What the heck! How am I supposed to train through the summer when I can't even run without suffering from heat fatigue in 75 degree weather???!!!! I'm really upset about this. I've been working so hard and now I might have to lay off for a few months. I'm gonna go cry in my pillow now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm sorry:( there's a good chance nathan will be working saturday, but if by some MIRACLE he doesn't, i'd LOVE to go out again!! :)
Do not cry. I think that is great of you guys. How fun I want to do it. Make sure you bring water it is getting hotter.
Post a Comment