Last weekend our family took an impromptu trip to CA so I could compete in the "Great Race". Anissa and I were supposed to go together for a nice "girls" weekend away from home but life happed. So much for a weekend without kids! Oh, well. Thank goodness the mini vacation turned out so fun! After my race we promised the kids we'd head to the beach. Fortunately Calabasas is really close to Santa Monica and Pacific Park. We let the kids ride some rides, grabbed lunch and just had FUN!
Here are the "boys" waiting to ride the swinging thing-a-ma-jig. It doesn't look it but Cole picked this ride and HE WAS EXCITED!
Weston had to hold onto Cole real tight because he kept slipping every time they went up. He loved it though.
It was so nice at the beach. It was totally packed but lots of fun. I don't know how they do it, but our kids didn't seem to mind the freezing water at all! Wes and I could barely get our feet in!
I just love this picture of Emily! Great shot honey!
I love this picture of Jalon too because he's surrounded by water. Looks so cool.
On the way home we stopped at Griffith Observatory. That place is so beautiful. I guess it opened in 1935 and is the premier spot to view Los Angeles. It was truly amazing!
Cole looks too little in this photo.
There are tons of hiking trails that lead up to the Observatory from the valley below. I made Jalon go up and down a portion of one of the trails (trying to wear him out). It didn't work of course but he had fun doing it! What a cutie!
Once again, we end our mini vacation with only 1 family shot but we had a great time and we can't wait to go back one day soon.

Here are the "boys" waiting to ride the swinging thing-a-ma-jig. It doesn't look it but Cole picked this ride and HE WAS EXCITED!
Weston had to hold onto Cole real tight because he kept slipping every time they went up. He loved it though.
It was so nice at the beach. It was totally packed but lots of fun. I don't know how they do it, but our kids didn't seem to mind the freezing water at all! Wes and I could barely get our feet in!
I just love this picture of Emily! Great shot honey!
I love this picture of Jalon too because he's surrounded by water. Looks so cool.
On the way home we stopped at Griffith Observatory. That place is so beautiful. I guess it opened in 1935 and is the premier spot to view Los Angeles. It was truly amazing!
Cole looks too little in this photo.
There are tons of hiking trails that lead up to the Observatory from the valley below. I made Jalon go up and down a portion of one of the trails (trying to wear him out). It didn't work of course but he had fun doing it! What a cutie!
Once again, we end our mini vacation with only 1 family shot but we had a great time and we can't wait to go back one day soon.
2 comments:
Ohhh. I LOVE California. Looks like you had a great time!
Such cute and fun pictures! Does Emily wear glasses now? Her hair cut is cute!
Love,
Harmony
Post a Comment