So, since Jalon's fabulous birthday we've had our life full of school activities, tons of family and great friends but for starters, my kids had this incredible "International Night" at school. I was completely shocked by how much time and effort went into the whole production. Each class was completely transformed into another county complete with lots of activities and FOOD! The food was especially fantastic but one of the best parts was seeing how much my kids enjoyed learning about other countries. They absolutely loved it!
Cole's class studied Japan. I loved this Japanese Cherry Tree in their room. It literally was so huge I couldn't get it all in the shot! 
Jalon's teacher's family is actually from Ireland so naturally, they studied the Irish, arrrrrr!. He too loved it and the best part for him was creating his own sugar cube castle.....
...and eating as many cookies as he could get away with!

Jalon's teacher's family is actually from Ireland so naturally, they studied the Irish, arrrrrr!. He too loved it and the best part for him was creating his own sugar cube castle.....
...and eating as many cookies as he could get away with!
Emily's teacher is actually German so of course they studied Germany. Mrs. Little is absolutely fantastic. She's been teaching the kids German in addition to their Spanish classes all year. Emily just adores her and talks about Germany all the time. This picture is kind of blurry but the whole class was transformed into the "Black Forest". It was very cool!

Next on the agenda was the kids Christmas concert. Our kids from the QC Cambridge joined up the the Mesa campus and actually put on a pretty good show! They had a theme centered around "Elfis". It was pretty funny but I have to admit, I was more than a little sad they didn't sing traditional Christmas songs like they did when they were at Benjamin Franklin. As cute as their program was, it felt very commercialized if you know what I mean.
Anyway, here are a couple of photos. My camera doesn't do too well in dim lighting and my videos wouldn't load. Overall, I have to say the kids did a great job and they really enjoyed doing it. 

1 comment:
Glad to see you updated. I was thinking about you the other night. I was not sure if the kids still want to Cambridge when you moved to AJ. Candace loves it there too. They did put on a great show it looks like. I love when it shows they care.
Post a Comment