Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jalon turns EIGHT!!!

On November 5th, Jalon turned eight years old. Looking back, I was just remembering that that was also the last time the Diamond Backs won the World Series. Yes, for those of you who don't recall, eight years ago I was in labor on November 4th, trying desperately to get my husband and the staff to pay the slightest bit of attention to the woman in LABOR while the final game was in play. I for one, will NEVER forget it and my husband still owes me big time! Anyway, no matter my neglect, I gave birth to my first son in the wee hours of the morning and I've adored him ever since. I know your not supposed to have favorites with your kids and each of my kids are my favorite in their own special way but this kid, for some reason, has captured my whole heart. He's a momma's boy through and through and I think because of that, we will always have a very special bond. Thank you for coming to me sweetie. Happy Birthday!!! I love you sooooo much!

Sorry, that was pretty gushy, huh? I'll try and reign myself in. Ha, ha. Anyway, Jalon is also student of the month at Cambridge. They have been bugging me to send in some photos and with his baptism coming up at the end of the month, we had a little photo shoot at the park today. I got a ton of good photos but I just love it when you capture a few great ones too! Well, as "great" as a little point-and-shoot can capture anyway. One of these days....hummm.
Oh and I had to get some of Cole and Emily too. Cole was just plain goofy, like always. By the way, Cole asked me today, "Mom, if my eyelashes keep growing, can you trim them for me?" I thought that was so funny! I wish I had his problems!
And Emily...let me tell you...I got choked up when I saw these photos. She has a super big cold sore right now and wasn't feeling very pretty but look how nice these turned out! She is sooooo beautiful! I just can't believe how fast my baby girl is growing up!

2 comments:

Miss Niss said...

EIGHT??? are you serious??!! i can't believe it!!! i LOVE the pictures of all of them! so super cute!!!

Mark and Karen said...

Ha ha about the game. I remember it like it was yesterday, though I had no idea you were in labor at the time. I remember because Kenny was 1 1/2 and I cheered so loudly when the last hit was made to bring in the winning run that I scared Kenny to where I couldn't calm him down. Kinda like when you screamed and cheered when I told you I was FINALLY pregnant with Kenny and you scared Emily. Good times...

Your kids are all BEAUTIFUL btw!