So a few weeks ago I received an offer I couldn't refuse - a request to come back to the YMCA. The offer was for 1/2 off regular membership for a year! Yay! Being that I can't run in this heat anymore and the kids REALLY love swimming, I signed us up. The kids are LOVING IT!!! I have to admit it's been really nice. They have some really great instructors teaching classes I've never taken before like Zumba (love it!) and the best part...the kids can swim! None of my kids have had swim lessons. Not that I'm against them but they've never seemed to work out with our schedule and budget. I was a little fish in the water without them so I knew that once they could figure out that they CAN DO IT, they'll take off. Sure enough this past Saturday, Cole finally figured out how to hold his breath and is now swimming like a fish. He's so proud of himself. I now get a constant bombardment of "Mom, what this!" He absolutely loves being able to keep up with JJ and Emily. Way to go little buddy!
PS. Oh and I forgot to mention...I HAVE A NEW CALLING!!! Well ANOTHER calling I should say. I am now part of the ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE! Yay me! I'm really excited, especially since I get to serve with some truly fantastic people in our ward.
3 comments:
What a smokin' deal! That is awesome about Cole. I'm not as brave as you. We start swim lessons in two weeks!
That is great. My girls love swimming. I hear yeah about being to hot. I have a membership to LA Fitness. Only 22 a month and it is roughly the same distance has the YMCA.
I'm jealous!
Post a Comment