Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cole's Inventive Side

Cole as a Bug

I don't think I have ever shared just how INVENTIVE my little Cole is. He's by far my most creative child, always building things out of household objects and such. One of these days I need to get some pictures of his architecture. He's so fun to watch and his imagination inspires me. Among his many inventions, Cole also loves to invent new sandwiches each day for lunch. He'll roam the fridge and select certain things to try. On most days I have to tell him, "that won't taste very good together honey." Today, I let him have his free reign and I had to laugh. First we toasted two pieces of bread with butter. Then we added mayo, mustard, grape jelly, a slice of American cheese and finally topped it off with sprinkles of parmesan cheese which he loves to have on everything he eats. Okay, yuk but I love my little guy and sometimes I just want to give him what he wants just to see him smile about it. Today he gave this new sandwich a "5000 star rating"! Yeah! I wonder what he will come up with tomorrow....

8 comments:

Esther said...

Chris--I think Cole needs an agent!!!! This bug hat is the funniest I've seen in a lonnnnnnng time. Thanks for sharing.

Mark and Karen said...

How funny. I love creativity!

Kelli said...

Oh that is awesome.

Kelli said...

Hey Christine, please shoot me an e-mail kelli.hatch@gmail.com so I can send you an invite to my blog. I'd love for you to be able to keep viewing it.

Nikki said...

That is great! Creativity is the best not to mention it makes us laugh

jana said...

Cole You're a ROCKSTAR!!! E.T. is so 80's! Way to bring something current!! :0) you go man!! I'm sure Wes is just bummed he didn't think of it first on a skateboard or with a guitar!!

Keeley Prestwich said...

haha That is so awesome!! Maybe you should get him thinking about a halloween costume, if he doesn't have one already picked out. ;) haha I loved it!

Jake and Alisa said...

I think it's adorable!