
This past weekend Chantel and I did another 10K in Chandler. I was REALLY hoping to have a good run. This was the first race in a very long time that wasn't going to involve trails, inclines or altitude. Sounds great, right? Well, too bad it was so stinking HOT! I've been told that the heat is actually more difficult to deal with than altitude is for most people. So take that and add in my good'ol dysfunctional internal thermostat and the result is a crappy run! I struggled so much it was depressing. It didn't help that I wasn't dressed right for the heat. I tried dumping water on myself at each aid station to cool off but it didn't help (enough). I ended up having to walk some of my 6.2 mile run. That was very depressing. The whole time I kept thinking there was no way I was going to reach my goal of 55 minutes. That would have put my pace at 9 minute miles. That was totally doable for me since that's what we've been consistently hitting on our training runs. Toward the end of the race however, I was thinking there was no way I would even make it in less than an hour but to my surprise I did! Wow, 58 minutes and 49 seconds. Okay, that took the sting off a bit! Yeah! It wasn't what I was going for but I'll take it!
Chantel did AMAZING! She is so stinking fast! She finished just under 53 minutes and this was only her second race EVER! Wow! I'm so jealous!
5 comments:
I'm so proud of you! I'd love to do this... until then I'll just live through you Christine! You'll be all of our hero! GREAT Job! I'm sure I'd be the one still there considered road kill by now!! LOL!
hey you did great! i'm proud of you!
Awesome awesome! You two inspire me!
I left a comment on Chantel's blog that if you are in town, you all should run in the Turkey Trot at Red Mountain Park. A group of us are running/walking in memory of my friend Jen's daughter Kamber who drown back in June. Its Thanksgiving morning at 9:00am. And what a great excuse to not care about calories that day!
Hey Kelly,
I am planning on running the Turkey Trot. That will be so fun to do that with you! My husband said he would do it too. I'm actually getting really excited for it. I hope the weather is nice to me this time!
Hello buckets. You girls did great! You should be proud of yourselves.
Post a Comment