Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall Break Swap

Last week my kids were out of school for their fall break. This is normally a time we try to go on a family vacation but this year we decided to put our vacation fund into food storage instead soooooo.....we had to come up with a fun project to keep us all entertained. After a little sweet talk and a few unmentionable promises, Wes agreed that we could swap the kids bedrooms. I know, I know, why on earth would anyone want to torment themselves with such a task especially when this would involve disassembling all the furniture and repainting EVERYTHING! Well, this actually had to do with our food storage believe it or not. The boys room is the largest and it has this really nice sized walk in closet which we stole for our food storage but that meant the boys had no space for their clothes anymore. It's been a problem. Believe it or not Emily's wardrobe needs are far less (so sad, but true) and her furniture was really too large for her room anyway so switching seemed like the best route. This was not an easy task but the end result was well worth it. Both rooms function so much better and they look cute too.

We still need to work on getting Emily a bed frame, some more art, drapes, bedding and crown molding, etc. It never ends but I think the end result isn't too bad especially only working with what we had and the only thing it cost is two gallons of paint (which we purchased at a discount of course). Yeah!
We had a lot of fun working on this project together as a family. The rooms have been purged, redone, organized and decorated for the most part. It feels nice and the kids love their new spaces! Thank you honey!

5 comments:

Keeley Prestwich said...

Oh my goodness!!! Those rooms look amazing! Can you come do my room next? :D jk Thats really awesome though that you could do all that just over fall break! You both are so talented.

Esther said...

I always loved changing rooms. It kind of felt like I was moving into a new house or something like that. The rooms look clean, beautifully decorated, and fun to live in. I hope it stimulates more creativity!!!

Glad you hear you invested in food storage. You will never be sorry for making that choice.

Nikki said...

They came out great! Love them.

Kelli said...

Unspeakable promises huh! My kind of gal! Cory would be blushing right now!

The rooms look great! I need to figure out new organization in my girls' room and office. I should steal your mind for a day! Oh geez...like you have time for that!

Christine said...

I'd always make time for you Kelly, especially to do something I totally enjoy! You just tell me when!