Sunday, August 3, 2008

Update...

Each time I think I'm going to have a nice "slow" week to get things done or whatever, fate intervenes and my plans quickly turn upside down. That was this week. On Tuesday we found out that Weston's uncle "Tinky" unexpectedly passed away from complications due to old age. He had had a really close call shortly before the Morris reunion a couple of months ago but had made a miraculous recovery and was able to make it this year. The Morris' have a tradition to hold a testimony meeting in the mountains on the second day of the reunion (Sunday). I look back now and feel so blessed to have been there for the very last time Tink bore is tender testimony to all those he loved so dearly. He was the oldest of the 13 brothers and sisters to Weston's dad, the patriarch of the Morris clan. He will be greatly missed. The nice part in all this was that two of Weston's brothers came down from Utah for the services on Saturday. It was so nice to see them again! Here is a photo with all of Weston's brothers and his dad. From left to right: Randon, Weston, Cary, Darin, Jimmy(Dad) and Shane. They are a handsome group of men don't you think? I am so lucky and I love them all!

So in addition to the bitter sweet reunion this week, another event took place that got me just a tad bit excited. Ha! Okay, really excited! Breaking Dawn FINALLY made it to the bookshelves! Hurray!!!!!Out of curiosity (and my lack of patience to wait until a decent hour) a couple of my friends and I attended the midnight release party at Barnes and Noble. It was very "interesting" to say the least. The store was absolutely packed and I was HUGELY relieved that I wasn't surrounded entirely by 15 year olds! Even though I knew I wasn't the only "Twilight Mom" out there, it was nice to see it with my own eyes. So I am already finished reading the book and I have to say I LOVED IT! Stephenie, you are amazing! I'm ready to read it again and then lock up my collection for a while! Somebody, please get me hooked on something else!!!!

Oh, and my sister had a birthday. Happy Birthday sis, I love you!



4 comments:

Miss Niss said...

handsome men! i can't believe how much wes looks like the brother to his right!!!

as for the book...hmmm...can i borrow???!!! :)

Mark and Karen said...

I can't wait to read the book. So far there seems to be mixed reviews from my friends. Some love it and some not so much.

Sorry to hear about your uncle...not fun. I'm glad you were able to have a reunion of sorts though.

Nikki said...

I am so sorry to hear about your family member. I am sure he will missed and everyone looks forward to seeing him again. As far as the DAwn was that not a fantastic book. Love it.

Mindy said...

I finished too! So good...and you are far from the only Twilight Mom out there. All of my sisters are hooked on it as well. In fact, my husband is even reading Breaking Dawn now :)