Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My baby girl turns 9!

On July 1, my little girl turned 9! It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her into this world. Where does the time go???!!!! There were only two requests Emily had for her big day. The first was to have Daddy make her favorite country apple crapes with whip cream. Yum! The next was to go swimming at the Apache Junction public pool. Okay, not really, she asked for Sun Splash but we decided she still needs to get over her "fears" before we spend the money. She just barely scraped together enough nerve to go down the "slow" water slide at A.J. I figure when she can go down the faster slide and jump off a diving board, I'll take her to Sun Splash which probably won't happen until next year. Where did her nerve go?! Anyway, in spite of the compromise, everyone had a really great time! Cole especially love the whirl pool. I think he would have been content floating in that the entire time.
Did you notice I didn't have any photos of Jalon??? That's because he barely lifted his head out of the water the entire time. I've got a little fish on my hands!

5 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I was thinking of you yesterday and waiting for the post so I could add my congrats and best wishes for a great day. It looks like you had a good one!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday, I can not believe how fast these little girls are growing up.

Harmony said...

It looks like everyone had a blast! What kind of camera do you have? You always have great looking pictures!
-Harmony

Miss Niss said...

looks like a TON of fun!!!

Miss Niss said...

looks like a TON of fun!!!