Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Picket Post Day Trip

Since the day we got the keys to our new home, our hearts have been filled with gratitude. As a token of that gratitude, we decided to commit ourselves to having family scripture study EVERYDAY without fail. It's been a little hard sometimes, especially on the weekends when we have so much going on and we get home late but we did it! As reward for our commitment, Wes and I decided that each month we would take our family on a day trip to celebrate. So for the month of March we explored a little camp spot that we had heard so much about from a guy in our ward that explores the greater state of Arizona searching out the best spots for recreation. We picked this one because it was so close and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get there. It's called Picket Post and it's part of the Tonto National Forest just before you get to Superior. It has a creek, HUGE shade trees and some man made cave dwellings a short hike away. This would actually be a great spot for riding some quads or dirt bikes. There's a maze of dirt roads going for miles and with the elevation, it was nice and cool. We literally spent the entire day there just letting the kids enjoy the water and exploring. When it got cool we made a fire along the sandy creek. It was a ton of fun and it's a spot that I can see our family going back to again and again.

2 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Sounds like a great place though my stomach flipped a couple of times on those high up ledge pictures. I don't think I could stomach it with kids in tow.

Elizabeth said...

Kris, I enjoyed this so much seeing your children.. Thanks for sharing. Love you