Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break Vacation

I am so behind in posting it's ridiculous! I knew if I didn't hurry to get this finished I would probably forget all the great fun we had. On Thurday, the 19th we packed up Darin's pop-up again and headed up north for some camping! We went with the Kriser's (and Dave's sister) and Ben and Lexi Morris joined us the next day at a place called Haigler Creek on the rim. It was relaxing and the weather was fantastic. I have so say, that I've never had the "experience" of spending so much time with Dave. He's a good friend of Weston's and I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that they are like peas in a pod, Ben too. I've never heard so much "smack" in all my life! It was hilarious. Angel was telling me how even SHE occasionally gets caught off guard with his dry sense of humor, not sure whether he is kidding or not. It was so funny. He was a big hit with the kids with his knife carving...that is until Weston brought out the JEEP! Check out this bad boy... I think everyone of the kids in our group got either a walking stick or a wood knife (expertly carved with an added bonus feature...a weak point at the base of the blade for easy breaking). Thanks Dave for being so thoughtful! Way to teach the kids the fine art of killing! JK

So ANYWAY, here are a few photos from our trip.


For those of you who know how much I love speed, I got to have a little action thanks to my 65 lbs. dog. There were too many other campers around to let him run free so I took him out on the bike occasionally to let him stretch his legs. There was this nice hill that he took me down at full speed. It was so much fun I had to make him do it several times while we we're there. He even pulled me back up the hill. It was great!

Before I go I have to add this photo of the Kriser's little guy Ammon. Is he not the cutest dang kid you've ever seen? All of their kids are cute but this one had me right from the start. What a doll!Thank guys for camping with us. Can't wait until the next trip!


5 comments:

Nikki said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I am glad to see you blogg'in again.

Mark and Karen said...

Looks fun...including all the dirt!

Miss Niss said...

beautiful!! glad you had such a great time!!

bettina said...

fun! I haven't camped in soo long!
p.s. I'm hosting a bead diva party this friday the 3rd at my place starting at 7:00. come if you can! email me for more details! jbsecrist@hotmail

Unknown said...

What a blast! Camping with friends is so much fun.