Sunday, March 15, 2009

Field Day!

This past Friday my kids had Field Day at school. They don't do these things like I remember. Mine were more of a track-n-field day with mostly running events and ribbons to be awarded to everyone who participated. I remember coming home excited to count how many red or blue ribbons I had. Today field days are so different and tons of fun, probably more fun than ours were! I found myself wanting to jump in and join them! That temptation was too much during one of Jalon's tug-a-war challenges. They had the boys vs. girls and the girls were on their way to losing. I couldn't help myself and kicked off my shoes to jumped in to beat them. I was surprised at how strong these little 1st graders were! I really had to pull hard but in the end we had to beat you. Sorry boys!

3 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Looks so fun! I would totally want to jump in too.

Kelli said...

Well it looks like the athletic gene does not fall far from the tree! It looks like a great day.

Esther said...

Wow! Can school be any more fun??? I'm glad you have the time to participate with your children. They will remember that for the rest of their lives. Good for you! They are blessed to have such a good mom.