Monday, January 26, 2009

Ha, ha, I'm a dork!

Okay, I'm a huge dork what else can I say??!! Last week I ran a couple of miles only 2 weeks after breaking my rib. I was pretty sore after that and didn't run the rest of the week. I told myself that if I wanted this to heal I REALLY need to lay off trying to do anything and LET IT. Well, stupid me spent the better part of the day helping my mom get settled into her new place - cleaning and lifting things, etc. My rib had been hurting pretty good because of it so I decided that while I was over doing it, I might as well get something more out of it, right? So, I ran 3 miles tonight! I was really happy to do it but a little taken back by how out of shape I've become. Three miles was actually HARD! That used to be considered an easy, short run - one I hardly ever did anymore! I couldn't believe how tired my legs were the last mile. Well, I guess here's to starting over...dang it.

Oh and yes, I probably won't be able to run the rest of the week again!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

East girl, Take your time. When you start running it may feel like you are starting over. but it will not take you long to get back up to where you were. If you let your body heal completely.

BrianLauraandboys said...

Chris, I love that you are so into running. Becky, Bettina, & I are getting in on that also. Becky & I were just talking about finding a 1/2 m over in cali & doing a girls trip. I would like to know of your other runs that you have the dates for on your blog. Hope your ribs are feeling better. I'm glad I came across your blog. You and Wes have such a cute family. Love, Laura

Kelli said...

You will be back up to your norm in no time! Feel better soon!