For some of you haven't heard yet, WE HAVE A DOG! Yep, his name is Dakota (Coda) and he was given to us by my sister-in-law a week before Thanksgiving. With Jeremy in the military and not being sure where they would be stationed once he graduated, they just couldn't keep him. He's a Labrador and Golden Retriever mix and I have to say, I absolutely LOVE this dog! He is the perfect fit for our family and he's got us all loving on him every chance we get. One of the things we love most about Coda is how much we are enjoying the outdoors together as a family. He needs so much attention and exercise that we find ourselves taking more trips to the park than ever before. We usually take him to one of the ball fields and let him go to run free. You can tell he just loves the chance to stretch his legs and RUN FAST. Wes actually beat him across the field tonight which was a first. Coda usually has him easily but tonight Wes ran all out and took him! It's funny to see them race each other.
Here's Coda....he's about 14 months old now and still quite a puppy.
My fence monkeys...

And last but not least, the star of this post, my little volleyball player...
Emily's absolute favorite sport, hands down, is volleyball! YES! My baby girl is taking after me! Okay, okay, maybe she gets it from Wes too. We'll never know for sure but take a look at her at age NINE! She's already holding her own with Wes. She's scrappy (that's my term for anyone who dives, leaps, roles, basically does ANYTHING to get to the ball!) and shows great ball control. Wes hits at her pretty hard sometimes so one thing is certain, she won't be intimidated by anyone on the court. I can't wait to see how she develops athletically if she sticks with this. I had a roommate who played indoor volleyball for ASU. Maybe will one day I'll see Emily representing....hmmmmm.
3 comments:
What a beautiful dog and even cuter name! I really think that we should get together and play volleyball before I leave! Way to go Emily! She will definitely have to come play too! :D
The Doggy is so cute. I agree way to go Emily. She should get a game started at recess.
Oh Dakota is so pretty. I want a big dog again.
Your little monkey-climber looks a little scrappy himself. Emily is showing some incredible talent.
Post a Comment