So after my last running update, I decided I'd stop being STUPID and let my injuries heal so I can run without pain. You have no idea how hard it's been to refrain but I DID IT, well for the most part, hee, hee. I've tried running a couple of times even though I told myself I wouldn't and I've started biking a little. It helped to have some deadlines and a holiday and my family has had to put up with a bit of moodiness but tonight I ran 3 miles, trying to gently ease back into some running. I was so happy that for the first time in several months I WAS PAIN FREE!!!! YAY!! No shin splint pain and no charlies! Toward the end of my 3rd mile my IT band on my left leg started hurting ever so slightly but not too bad. I'll have to take it slow to keep from aggravating it which will be hard but I'm hopeful again that I may still be able to do a marathon SOMETIME this spring although the Sadona marathon is probably out. Humph!
Friday, December 5, 2008
THAT FELT GOOD!!!
So after my last running update, I decided I'd stop being STUPID and let my injuries heal so I can run without pain. You have no idea how hard it's been to refrain but I DID IT, well for the most part, hee, hee. I've tried running a couple of times even though I told myself I wouldn't and I've started biking a little. It helped to have some deadlines and a holiday and my family has had to put up with a bit of moodiness but tonight I ran 3 miles, trying to gently ease back into some running. I was so happy that for the first time in several months I WAS PAIN FREE!!!! YAY!! No shin splint pain and no charlies! Toward the end of my 3rd mile my IT band on my left leg started hurting ever so slightly but not too bad. I'll have to take it slow to keep from aggravating it which will be hard but I'm hopeful again that I may still be able to do a marathon SOMETIME this spring although the Sadona marathon is probably out. Humph!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well you want to take it easy and let heal so you can do marathons. I know how much you love them. Keep up the good work. You will be back in no time.
Post a Comment