My friend Mindy was preparing the spiritual message for the Relief Society presidency meeting last night and discovered a quote by President George Q. Cannon that really inspired her and so she posted it. When I read it I couldn't believe how much it touched my heart and gave me comfort, especially right now. It was just what I needed and although I already know this to be true, it's so nice to be reminded of it in the midst of trials. I have lots of loved ones going through hard times too, some more than others and so I thought as she did, this had to be shared:
"No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, [God] will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is against His character to do so. He is an unchangeable being.... He will stand by us. We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters; but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and the purer for them, if we only trust in our God and keep His commandments."
7 comments:
Trials Trials Trials!
I loved that Mindy shared this on her blog! She has touched many hearts with it.
The Lord is aware of us! We all know that but it is nice to be reminded every once in awhile :)
I love that! How true that we often forget this simple truth! Thanks for posting this, I'm sure I'll take it and post it on mine!
Hey Christine...I tried sending you an invite to my blog but realize I do not have your e-mail! Silly me!
Send when you can please!
Hi Chris--
I knew a marathon or run was coming up--but was hoping to catch you anyway. Hope you had a really fun time, enjoyed the cool weather, and were able to meet some personal goals.
Love you
Hey...how did the race go? I am anxious to hear how you guys did :) ...even though I am sure you performed fabulously!
Post a Comment