...I could help but feeling like my car looked so "naked, exposed and wounded". That sounds funny, huh? Hopefully someone will rebuild it or it will be dismantled to help put another car back together. Either way, I've been feeling that there will be some blessing in disguise in all this. I've been feeling strongly the need to pay off debt, get prepared and put money away as fast as I can. I guess we hall have. When we bought this car we had a gas guzzling Durango with 140K miles on it. Gas was at it's peak and the car needed work so.....we really had no choice but to trade it. New car pricing was better than used (from the dealer) so that's really why we bought a new car in the first place even though it was more than we wanted to spend. Now that I get to do it over again WITHOUT my old car to deal with, I can buy a nice used car from a private seller and save a lot of money. I'm really feeling good about having less debt. One way or another, I know these things happen for a reason. I just have to be patient, have faith and wait for it to be clear to me. At least I got to have that new car experience once in my life. It was nice while it lasted.
Friday, September 5, 2008
I kissed my car goodbye today :(
So I got a phone call from the adjuster today. After pulling the mangled body parts from the car they were able to reassess the damage and declared it a "TOTAL LOSS". I'm not the type of person to get attached to monetary things. From the very beginning I kept saying to reassure Wes, "It's just a car" and I meant it. Still it was really sad going down there today to release the car to the insurance company and grab the rest of our belongings from it. When I saw this....
...I could help but feeling like my car looked so "naked, exposed and wounded". That sounds funny, huh? Hopefully someone will rebuild it or it will be dismantled to help put another car back together. Either way, I've been feeling that there will be some blessing in disguise in all this. I've been feeling strongly the need to pay off debt, get prepared and put money away as fast as I can. I guess we hall have. When we bought this car we had a gas guzzling Durango with 140K miles on it. Gas was at it's peak and the car needed work so.....we really had no choice but to trade it. New car pricing was better than used (from the dealer) so that's really why we bought a new car in the first place even though it was more than we wanted to spend. Now that I get to do it over again WITHOUT my old car to deal with, I can buy a nice used car from a private seller and save a lot of money. I'm really feeling good about having less debt. One way or another, I know these things happen for a reason. I just have to be patient, have faith and wait for it to be clear to me. At least I got to have that new car experience once in my life. It was nice while it lasted.
...I could help but feeling like my car looked so "naked, exposed and wounded". That sounds funny, huh? Hopefully someone will rebuild it or it will be dismantled to help put another car back together. Either way, I've been feeling that there will be some blessing in disguise in all this. I've been feeling strongly the need to pay off debt, get prepared and put money away as fast as I can. I guess we hall have. When we bought this car we had a gas guzzling Durango with 140K miles on it. Gas was at it's peak and the car needed work so.....we really had no choice but to trade it. New car pricing was better than used (from the dealer) so that's really why we bought a new car in the first place even though it was more than we wanted to spend. Now that I get to do it over again WITHOUT my old car to deal with, I can buy a nice used car from a private seller and save a lot of money. I'm really feeling good about having less debt. One way or another, I know these things happen for a reason. I just have to be patient, have faith and wait for it to be clear to me. At least I got to have that new car experience once in my life. It was nice while it lasted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad it was totalled out, that is a blessing.
I agree that it is a blessing as well but c'mon...your car has been violated! That would be sad to anyone! hee hee!
Post a Comment