Monday, June 2, 2008

Wes turns 35!

My sweetheart had his 35th birthday this past Sunday. I was a little disappointed that I forgot it was fast Sunday until Saturday night. I had planned to make him his favorite blueberry muffins for breakfast as part of my plan to spoil him from sun-up to sun-down. Instead we both fasted and took home some really good headaches after church but... here is how I made up for it. I bought him his very first BBQ! He had been wanting a BBQ forever and believe it or not, this little charcoal baby is the one he wanted even though I was prepared to get him a nice gas grill. Why the delay??? I've been trying for the past 3 years to get my backyard done and Ive been continually bribing him with a really nice grill if he got it done. Well....the backyard is FINALLY in progress so I caved for this occasion. Thank goodness I did because we enjoyed the BEST BBQ ever! Now I wish I hadn't waited so long. What was I thinking??!!!! (Stupid is as stupid does I guess, duh!) He's pretty excited to try out different things and I couldn't be happier that he's happy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!

5 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

That chicken looks scrumptious. Happy belated Weston!

Nikki said...

Looks yummy, We live on BQ'in.

Miss Niss said...

yum! looks SO GOOD!

Harmony said...

I wish I was at your house Sunday night! It looks like Weston did a great job cooking! We have an indoor grill that we use all the time but I'm sure it's more fun to go outside and cook something! ;)
-Harmony

Mindy said...

What a great gift! A BBQ grill is the gift that keeps on giving...cause it's going to save you from having to cook all the time.