Monday, June 23, 2008

Just Thinking...

Over the past year, I have seen and heard loved ones (both friends and family) going through some really hard times, having to make some extremely difficult decisions and coping with unthinkable circumstances...divorce, bankruptcy and foreclosure, addiction, abuse, miscarriage, marital problems and loss of testimony. It's hard being a witness to all of this and not let the gloom of it consume me. It feels like it's a terrible whirlwind of trouble swirling around our little bubble of happiness. It may not always show, but you have no idea how much I hurt for my loved ones and how much I worry. I know we've had a rough couple of years with family issues but all in all I can't help but feel guilty for all the blessings in my life right now. My business is booming, my family is healthy and happy and I love (and I'm in love with) my husband more than I can say. I know how blessed I am and wonder why I should be so fortunate right now while others are suffering. Have I already suffered enough and now I'm simply getting a break? I wonder what the Lord's perspective is and try to find understanding. All I can say right now is that the testimonies of my struggling friends and family is such an example to me. I marvel at how well everyone remembers the eternal perspective of life here on earth. They remind me that while we are here, like it or not, we have to live in this world with all of it's evils and unpleasant circumstances that seem to bombard us and yet the most important thing is to still find joy. Our love and ability to serve our family and friends is what matters most. Our life on earth is so limited and will be but a mere spec in time when our vision is clear again. Thank you for reminding me to be grateful for all that I have and to take nothing for granted. I'll continue to pray for my loved ones and let my gratitude unto the Lord for all the blessings in my life never cease.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Never feel guilty when things are falling into the right place. Everyone goes through bad times, then they get better then bad. It seems to be the cycle the Lord needs us to have. We will never know why...But we always learn from them, even when we think or think other's do not. When times around you are so bad... Just pray for the other's that is all you can do, they will know you love them. The Lord will make sure of that.

Mark and Karen said...

I love this post. I have always loved your tender heart and how much you care for others. I'm definetly lacking in that area. I love you Chris! I'm so glad things are going well for you right now. You totally deserve the break!!

Kelli said...

You are just the cutest! I appreciate this post because I want you to know (whether my opinion matters or not) that it is absolutely okay to feel happy, blessed, excited etc for the good going on in your life inspite of others' circumstances. You do have a wonderful heart. I was able to feel of your tenderness when serving in Young Women's together. I am so happy for you. Please don't feel guilty.