Weston and Jalon at the desert.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Birthday Celebrations!
What a wonderful weekend! Last year I was sooooooo depressed about turning 35 but this year was significantly better! For one thing, I've decided that approaching my forties does not mean I'm OLD. I'm still quite young at heart and I've decided to embrace that no matter how much my body ages. Having three young kids and a hunk of a hubby helps me to remember to appreciate and enjoy life as much as I possibly can and not worry about things I have no control over....like getting another year older. So this year I gave my family permission to "Bring on the celebrations!" Boy, they did a great job! I've never felt so loved and spoiled at the same time. My kids woke me with an onslaught of slobbery kisses and hugs. My sweet husband held me tight telling me how much he loved me and it just got better and better from there. I was pleasantly surprised by friends and family with birthday gifts centered around my rekindled love for running. I received every "toy" and "gadget" a runner could ask for and more. I received new running shoes, an iPOD with pedometer that will tell me while I run how far I've ran, what pace and a whole lot more. It is sooooooo cool! I also got running sunglasses, a stop watch, some new running clothes. I also got to go out to lunch at my FAVORITE restaurant The Orange Table in Scottsdale and had my favorite dinner cooked for me over hot coals at an outing in the desert Saturday night with Weston's family. Sunday I let my kids bake me a birthday cake. They had a great time doing it and we were all very "grateful" it turned out yummy. All in all, it was a memorable birthday. I received lots of emails and a call from my sister in Washington. That was a delight! I will forever be touched by the thoughtfulness of friends and family on my special day. Thank you and I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
apparently i'm a LOSER and didnt contribute to your happy day:(
so happy bday...a few days late!
and WOW to all the nifty new running stuff you got! you go girl!!! :)
Happy Be-lated Birthday....Honey you look good.....Would have never guessed that.
Post a Comment