Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Registration Exams

Posting my miles each week has been really motivating me to push myself even when my body doesn't want to. I figured if it works for running why not use the same idea to push myself to complete my Architectural Registration Exams (ARE) too. You have no idea how hard it is to be a full time mom, a full partner in my own firm, keep a house, train for a marathon AND study for these exams so I can be a "Licensed" Architect. For those who don't understand what that means I will be happy to explain. The ARE exams are used throughout the US, and other territories including Canada to assess if a person like me has the knowledge, skills and abilities to practice architecture. Because I don't have a degree like most people, I had to go through herculean efforts to get the Arizona State Board to even allow me to take these exams based on my experience in the field. The process was incredibly difficult and it is not something I wish to repeat. In short, I HAVE TO PASS THESE EXAMS! I still have 8 more exams to go including three difficult design exams so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mark and Karen said...

No luck needed! I have no doubt you'll pass with flying colors. You go girl!!