Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sorrow

I lost the baby. There are no words really to express what I'm feeling. This has been one of the most painful experiences of my life. I feel the loss of this child everywhere I look. Every time I see a newborn or a pregnant woman I feel the hurt all over again. It's been so difficult emotionally. This was not something I had ever imagined happening to me and I now finally understand how painful such a loss can be. Each day has been getting a little easier but it's still hard. Only time can heal this girl's broken heart.

And yet...if there's a flip side to every coin and I believe there is, then mine is how much I've grown to appreciate the three beautiful, healthy children I've been blessed to have. After going through a miscarriage, I realize what little miracles they are. So many things often can and do go wrong during conception. It's amazing really against all odds that so many go right! My kids will tell you that this past month has probably been one of the best for them in spite of their disappointment. I don't think I've ever been so conscious of my time spent with them and letting them know several times a day how much they mean to me. We've grown closer as a family and that is something to be VERY happy about.

4 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

Time will help a little bit, but it never really goes away. I hear you on the "appreciate what you have a bit more" thing. Kids are amazing!!! And you've got 3 bright, beautiful and amazing kids.

Love you!

Harmony’s House said...

I wondered how this would go. Thanks for posting so I didn't have to ask. Thoughts are with you! :(

Harmony’s House said...

Oh I meant to also say that these pictures are fabulous!

Keeley Prestwich said...

Chris! I'm so sorry! I'm sure this pain and absence will never be filled, but I do hope you keep close to the reassurance of the 3 beautiful kids you have, like was mentioned before! I'll pray for you! :)

I also LOVE your pictures!