Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wrapping up 2011

Wow, so one of my resolutions for 2012 is to blog at least once a month...for journaling sake if not for my own amusement so here we are! I'm kicking off the new me with a 2011 wrap up which is turning out to be a lot harder than I expected. I'm not a great writer and let's face it, do you really think I can even remember back that far?!? Not really. Thank goodness for pictures otherwise I'd just be spouting our birthdays and anniversary's and calling it a night. Hee, hee.

So anyway, I really cannot remember what took place the first few months of last year. All I can tell you is that I turned 39 on March 1st. Woo-hoo! It's so sad that I don't remember what I got or what I did but I'm sure I had a great time...or maybe not because 39 is so old! When did I get so old?!?

During Spring Break, the boys decided to take an impromptu camping trip up north. I'm scratching my head trying to remember exactly where they went and of course it's not coming to me. Weston's brother Darin joined them with his boys and our good friend Dave ("Uncle" Dave). They had a really great time exploring some old ruins, playing in the water falls and hiking new trails.


In April, JJ took part in another pinewood derby activity. This time...I designed and carved his car. I know, I know! I couldn't help myself! It was just so fun! In my defense, he did pick out the color. Great choice little buddy!


My car, I mean HIS car performed as well as it looked too especially considering that we didn't use graphite for the wheels or anything like that. He ended up finishing in 2nd place overall and we all had a great time supporting mom...I MEAN JALON!!!


April 14th our little Marley turned 1. Emily still loves her puppy as much as the day she got him. He's stayed pretty small for a Lab which is kinda cool. He'll forever look a little puppyish!



From April until the end of school, all I can remember is spending lots of time outside playing with my kids. I took my camera a few times and somehow managed to capture a little of my kid's goofiness. OK that's not too hard really. They are pretty much goofy all the time!


On the last day of school, our beloved dog Coda passed away from Parvo. It was so difficult on the entire family. We immediately took him in for treatment but unknown to us, he had a blood infection as a result of the Parvo and died that night. He went so quickly...and yet I felt he suffered more than he should have. In hind sight, I should have had him euthanized that afternoon when we took him in. I hope we won't ever have to go through that again. We miss you Coda!


On June 1st Weston turned 38!!! Again, I know we celebrated his birthday and had lots of fun but I can't remember what we did. Pathetic I know!

On June 6th we celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary! Woo-hoo! Lucky THIRTEEN!!! And guess what? I remember what we did on this one! Okay, it's not hard nor is it  glamorous but we did have fun! At the beginning of every June we head up the the White Mountains for the Morris Family Reunion. This year was extra special because it the was the 50th anniversary of this notorious tradition and boy was it fun!

Let's see...we: played football, ping-pong and volleyball, explored, rock jumped, swam, teased, laughed, played music, sang, played all sorts of games, celebrated our anniversary and oh yeah...we ate and ate and ate! It was a blast as always!!!


On July 1st our precious Emily turned 12 years old!!! Oh my, my baby girl is in Young Women's! I really am old aren't I? We love her so much and she is growing up to be such an amazing young little lady. Love her!!!

For her birthday we had a BBQ/swimming family get together at her Uncle Darin's house. Her cousin Ella shares her birthday so we celebrated them together. 


Over the summer we also took a trip to the Phoenix Science Museum. Actually, we got in free if I remember right. We had a ton of fun!


In August the kids started at a new school. American Leadership Academy built a new school right in our neighborhood. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to walk my kids to school. Love it!!!

On October 1st I ran my first MARATHON!!! Oh yeah! Words can't really describe the way I felt being able to finally do this. The race was in St. George UT on one of the hottest days on record (of course). Wes and I were able to drive up without the kids and enjoy the time alone. There's so much I want to say so I'll have to save the whole experience for another post. I really want to be able to put to writing every moment but let me just say that it was one the most amazing experiences of my life.


On the way home from Utah, we took a detour to see the Hoover Dam. Although I could barely walk it was really neat to finally see the new bridge and enormity of the dam itself. So cool!


On November 5th our little JJ turned 10! There was only one thing this kid has been asking for and it was a guitar so he could be like his daddy. Ahhhhh, I know. He looks so cute learning how to play and he's already showing great aptitude with it. Yay!!!



BTW...we had a party with the family but I completely forgot to take any photos.

We spent Thanksgiving at my brother's house in Maricopa with the Brown side of the family. It was great getting a chance to eat and laugh together but the highlight for me was taking a ride in my brother's Camaro. Oh my! That car has so much stinkin power it's insane! I want one!!!!


In December, the 5th to be exact, our baby turned 8 years old! Oh, where did the time fly?!? This can't be real, seriously EIGHT?!? I have a funny story. When I asked Cole what he wanted for his birthday he very quickly replied "A QUAD". Ha, yeah right kid. So I asked what his second choice would be and he said "A REMOTE CONTROL QUAD". Ok, that's a little more doable and lucky us we found one (sorta)!

But it was not to last. The thing would barely go, no power what-so-ever! So we took it back and he picked out a new bike instead which HE LOVES! Happy Day! (I know, no pictures. I'll take some eventually!)

So you know what turning eight means.....Cole got baptized too! Even though our numbers were exceptionally small, it was the most spiritual baptism I have ever witnessed. It was very special for a very special kid!


Christmas!!! Oh yeah, I made it to the end of the year! Didn't think I could do it did ya! I've only been at this for several hours now but in my determination I will finish this post!

So Christmas was extra special for me this year but I'm going to save that for last. Let's just say that there was an unexpected present under the tree that took everyone by surprise....


Oh yeah! You're seeing that right! PREGNANT!!!

On Christmas Eve I realized that I was more than a week late. I grabbed a box of pregnancy tests, took 2 of them Christmas morning and wrapped them up to give to Weston. He had no know idea. We especially  trying that month so yeah, it was such a huge surprise. We were both overcome with emotions at the reality of bringing another one into our little family. Oh oh and my Emily! She is so super excited she can hardly contain herself! She's already picked out a name for her baby "sister", Harley Lynn Morris (which I completely adore). We'll have to wait and see but yay! BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!

BTW...if you are ready this you are either family and have already received the news or you are some of my closest friends and are special enough to find out now while the rest of the world waits but I'm not really sharing with everyone else just yet because....well, I've had some complications.

On New Year's Day I woke up to quite a bit of bright red blood. It wasn't gushing and I didn't have any cramping at all so I stayed in bed and did a lot of research to see how worried I needed to be. By all description, it didn't sound like a miscarriage but if it was there wasn't anything I could do to stop it. By early evening though, I was worried that I might be. The bleeding got a little heavier and I started having some contraction-like cramping. I ended up passing a large clot a little over 2 inches in diameter. When I saw it I can't tell you how scared I was that I had just lost the baby only one week after finding out.

Through my tears I did a little more research and looked at photos online to see if it was anything other than a clot. I still wasn't having any major cramping and in fact once the clot passed I didn't have any cramping at all. The next day the bleeding lessened gradually and eventually all but stopped. I was able to see my doctor this morning and the cervix is closed and everything looks good. We're doing some HGC level blood tests and I will have an ultrasound next week to see if there is anything that might have caused the bleeding or if it was simply an unexplained hemorrhage.

So as of yesterday, I am 6 weeks pregnant. I debated whether or not I should share any of this but I finally decided that what ever happens happens. I am choosing to have a perfect brightness of hope that everything will be fine and we'll see this little one at the end of August! Can't wait!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

Mark and Karen said...

About time you posted! hahaha I'm so glad you did. I love the updates and all the pictures. It's hard on me being so far away from family...this makes it a bit easier.

I'm excited you get to have another little one. I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy and arrival.