Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Moving on...

Oh, I see that photo of me from my last post and a part of me just wants to go cry some more about it but the other part of me has already moved on with my life so I guess it's past time I move on with my blog too!

Much has happened this past year and it's hard to know where to begin. We've been through an unusual amount of trials, the refiners fire, and not only us but many of our friends and family as well. I feel like something BIG is coming and the Lord is working hard to make sure his children are in a place of humility and faith. Only time will tell but I feel good about how much I've grown, not only as a person but in my trust in Him and I DO trust Him. I trust Him to direct my life, even if I'm not completely happy with the direction. I know it's for my good. I've seen too many little miracles this year to feel otherwise. There's much to share but I'll have to save it for another post... 

Anyway, I'm not usually a person that struggles with depression but this year has been hard and I've had more days than I care to admit when I just didn't want to do anything or see anyone. If it wasn't for my church calling and opening up to my ward sisters, I'm not sure I would have healed as well as I have. I'm thankful for all the love and support I've been blessed with and I'm feeling much more positive about where I am and where I want my life to go these days. 

So have we been up to???? Well, I'll tell you! 

As you know, Cole turned 8 last December and the one thing he was most excited about, even more than getting baptized, was FINALLY getting to join scouts! He just LOVES being a scout! On January 21st our scouts did their annual pinewood derby event, Cole's first. You've never seen a kid more excited. I just loved the look on his face every time his car won. It was BEAUTIFUL!



On February 20th, President's Day, we headed to the volleyball court to play some V. Okay, really we're there AT LEAST 3 or 4 days a week so it's not a news flash. This time, I just happened to bring my camera, ha, ha. I'm a dork, I know but one day when Weston can't jump 3 feet anymore he'll look at these photos and remember his "glory" days. Actually, when you stop to think about how great he still performs at age 38, he's pretty impressive and fun to watch.







Yep! That's my man!!!

2 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

We sooooo need to get together! I wish I could be there physically for you. But I am only a phone call away. Love to read your faith...we are never alone and I'm so grateful for that.

Love you Chris!!!

Unknown said...

I think you're spot on about the Lord preparing us for something big. It's encouraging to hear your perspective and feel the spirit you project.