I know I'm getting so bad about this. I'm not even sure why I blog anymore. Sometimes it seems like such a chore but I do know one thing. It's the only form of journaling I have so I'm going to buckle up and attempt to get caught up with the happenings of our life.
Christmas came and went so fast this year. I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to have such a nice Christmas considering our current situation. It was plain to see that the Lord's love for us never ceases!
One really neat thing that happened Christmas day was that my mom joined us at the Morris' for Christmas dinner. I extended the invitation like I've done so many years past, not expecting her to say yes but she did! It's so wonderful to finally see the walls coming down and allowing us into her life like she's never done before. Sadly though, she's been weaning off her medications and was still in a lot of pain that day. I could see it in her face so I had to take her home after only a few hours. I was so grateful that she came and enjoyed herself while she was there.
The day after Christmas my little JJ was baptised! It was such an exciting day for us. He was supposed to be baptised in November but there was too many things going on that weekend with extended family so we had to postponed it. Unfortunately Christmas weekend wasn't much better for everyone so only a few family members were able to come but it was wonderful none the less. Weston played an instrumental he wrote just a couple day earlier. It still amazes me that he can do that! Anyway, it was absolutely beautiful and seemed to intensify the strong spirit that was already there. Just after the number, Weston confirmed him and gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's impossible to describe the feelings in the room as he gave Jalon the most beautiful blessing I've ever heard. There's no denying that Weston was simply a vessel of our Heavenly Father's love being poured out to Jalon. Everyone was choked up including my brother and my dad and that's not the easiest thing to do! I wish I had recorded it somehow so that it could always be remembered. It was absolutely amazing!
Everyone that was able to come and support JJ.
Primary Presidency, our Bishop and his counselor.
Bishop Holyoak and Weston.
I have to mention something neat the Bishop shared with me the other day. Within the first week of being in our new ward I was called to be the second counselor of the YW and Weston was called to be the Ward Mission Leader. The Bishop told me that even though he had never met us and didn't know what our situation was, he felt prompted to get Weston called immediately so he could get to work right away as his time in the ward would be short. Apparently, I was just an afterthought. Just kidding! Anyway, I thought that was pretty cool.
Straight from the baptism we headed out to one of the favorite hang out spots for the Morris family. It's something of a tradition that the Saturday after Christmas they all go out there, cook some grub and visit. What made it even more fun was that Weston's brother and sister arrived from Utah just in time to enjoy it too. The kids had a blast playing together and the adults either visited or kicked up some tunes together. It was a lot of fun and a perfect way to wrap up the Christmas holiday together.
Emily and her some of her cousins.
Weston with his cousins kicking some tunes.
Emily with her Hadley's new puppy Snickers. He was such a dang cutie!


Not wanting to break with tradition... kids immediately plotted to convince all us mom's that sleep overs at Grandma's was in order ALL WEEK! I remembered last year and how it seemed I hardly saw my kids from Christmas to New Year's. Unfortunately, this year didn't turn out as planned. One by one the kids came down with the stomach flu! It literally spread like wild fire! My poor mother-in-law. She had about 4 kids start throwing up at 2 in the morning the second night of the sleep overs and then she was down with it! Not fun!
Thankfully everyone was fully recovered by New Years. Last New Years Wes and I snuck away to Sunrise for a little time away alone which was sooooo nice not with standing my little "accident" at the top of the mountain. Hee, hee. This year we went to our friends house for a party. We had a great time playing sand volleyball, roasting marshmallows and enjoying some "homemade" fireworks. I had no idea Brian was a pyromaniac! Ha,ha. I didn't really take any pictures but I got a video. Check it out.....
So long 2009!
3 comments:
Oh I've missed you but am glad you're back! YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY! I appreciate your testimony! You strengthen me.
I do miss you blogg'in. I am glad you had a great Christmas and such a wonderful Baptism. Miss ya
Christine, I didn't know that you moved to Meridian ward. That was our ward before we moved to QC. It is probably totally different now. We sure miss you guys. I tried to call you once after you moved but I guess you have a different number? Hope all is well.
Post a Comment