Saturday, September 5, 2009

A River Runs Through It

There are only a few friends and family that know we sold (not so much by choice but sold none the less) our home and are in the process of buying a property in the San Tan Mountain area. It's a 2.4 acre desert parcel with a small manufactured home on it and plenty of wide open flat dirt to build on one day - MY DREAM!!! But before that dream can happen we'll be renovating the manuf. home to live in and it's SMALL. I know, I know. Manufactured home, yuck. It's definitely a gut/reno job but trust me on this one - by the time we're finished with it, it will be a cozy guest home void of any resemblance to it's less than stellar past!

One of the best features of the property is a natural wash that runs through the southern portion. I've been dying for a good rain to see if this baby roars and this morning we got it!

This first photo is of the kids simply enjoying the rain, just as it was starting to pour.


After a few minutes of that they jumped back in the car soaking wet to get warm. Can you believe it was around 70 degrees this morning?! It was GORGEOUS!!!

And here's the wash about 5-10 minutes later. I was seriously surprised how quickly it filled up! I'm going to find a way to eventually capture some of the water for irrigation use on the site. I can only imagine how many gallons washed through!
This photo is actually still part of the property but it's designated as a R.O.W. (right-of-way a.k.a. property you own but can't use, haha) for Sandridge Drive which currently dead ends at the property because of the wash.
Okay, so maybe it isn't a "River" but it's definitely a roaring wash, right? With all this water there was NO WAY my kids were going to stay put in the truck. This was just too much fun!



I just LOVE listening to their giggles! I think we're really gonna like this place. ;)

6 comments:

Janelle said...

That is so great! We are going to miss you guys!

Mark and Karen said...

Wow, that looks so fun!! I hope you get good flood insurance. I'm excited for you...you always do such great work on your remodeling projects. I can't wait to see it all in person some day.

Christine said...

Ha, no kidding! Actually, it was great to have a good hard rain to see how well the site drains. With it being desert, all the water ran right off. I took detailed photos of the site to have handy for future planning. With 2.4 acres, even with the wash, there's still plenty of room for a modest sized home one day. I'm pretty excited but I'll be even MORE excited when it's officially ours!

Miss Niss said...

thats awesome!! so FUN!!

Carrie Allen said...

I didn't realize you guys moved. Thank heavens for blogs so we can still see what you are up to.

Mindy said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! And, it looks like the kids had a blast! I do miss AZ monsoons. :)