Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to School!!!

Summer break officially came to an end last week when ALL my kids started their first week of school. Let me tell you, it's been quite an adjustment for me. First, my kids are not attending Benjamin Franklin this year as planned. Unexpectedly, I found out about a new charter school, Cambridge Academy, that is starting their first year in the Queen Creek area and decided to check it out. For starters, the idea of NOT having to travel to the kids school THREE times a day with half day kindergarten, really appealed to me. Another reason for the switch was for Jalon. He really had a hard time at BF last year and it took a quite a toll on his self esteem and self confidence. I really believe he'll be able to turn that around at this new school. At least that's our hope and with a class room size of 7 kids, we feel reassured.

So, here is a quick photo I managed to squeeze in the morning they started. I can't believe how big my kids are getting. Did you notice they're wearing shorts??? Can I tell you how thrilled I am! Just knowing my kids aren't sweating to death in 115 degrees in LONG pants makes me smile!

So they've been there one whole week and all my kids are absolutely LOVING IT! Their teachers are great and we feel very blessed that this sort of fell into our lap. Thank you Sandy for mentioning it and sharing your research!

So, how am I doing with my baby in full time kindergarten this year??? Well, to be honest, I absolutely cried my eyes out the night before school started. I was mentally prepared for another week with him and plans changed so I was pretty much a mess. I seriously wasn't sure if I would make it through the first day but I must have cried myself out because I managed to get through the ENTIRE first day without a single tear! I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!

PS. Life as a mom without kids at home during the day is F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S !!! Sure, I miss my kids but it's amazing what a better mom I am when I get a break from my kids now and again! Having said that, I have to admit though that the BEST part of my day...is when I get to pick them up and be with them again. I love you munchkins!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Congrats on Cambridge. It sounds like its going to work out perfect.

Mark and Karen said...

I'm looking forward to having all my kids in school this year. I mean, I'll miss them like crazy but I have a list of things I would like to get done that I haven't been able to do with all the crazy interuptions kids bring. And I do think it makes you a better mom when they finally do come home.

On a side note...how did you get a picture of my tummy for your myfitnesspal at the top?

I wish...ha ha ha

Christine said...

Oh Karen! That was pretty darn funny!

I wish too!

Miss Niss said...

cole in all day kindergarten??!! wow!!! i can't believe it!!! i still need to get over to cambridge and check them out!

Nikki said...

Hey girlie, it is crazy how fast summer went by. Where did the time go. The kiddos look ready and happy to start their new school. They get to wear shorts YES!.....

Lucinda said...

I'm so glad you guys are at Cambridge!! What class is Colton in?