Monday, October 5, 2009

Housing Update

Wow, my life has been completely turned upside down the last few weeks. Last week we were supposed to close on our new property but sadly we cancelled the contract instead. We would have loved for it to work out. We really loved the property but there were three major issues with it that kept us from being able to finance it. First, the previous owner had never filed what's called an "Affidavit of Affixture" for the manufactured home that was on the property. That means it was not legally tied to the land. Big issue! Additionally we discovered that FHA will not loan on a property with hauled water nor would they loan if the property had not been previously owned for at least 90 days (unless the seller was willing to sell for only 5% more than they paid for it.) There was no way to get past these obstacles so we had to walk away. My biggest grief however was that these issues should have been brought to our attention from the very beginning and they weren't. In short, our lender was a complete idiot and we lost 30 days trying to make this work. He was supposed to be a specialist with manufactured housing, a referral from our realtor who swears she will never refer him again! Soooo frustrating!

Anyway, I was understandably really depressed the day of our would-be closing but as I told the kids what happened, Emily told me the very thing I needed to hear to comfort my broken heart. She said, "It's okay Mom, that only means the Lord has something better in store for us." Ohhh, what faith from the mouth of babes! I just love her for reminding me of that simple truth. I do trust the Lord to get us into the home that is right for us. I know I just need to keep pressing forward with faith and diligence, hoping for all things and believing they will come!

6 comments:

Mark and Karen said...

That is frustrating! Hang in there...I'm sure something better will come along.

Janelle said...

Amen Sister friend. I know everything will work out for you and your sweet family.

Nikki said...

Kids can say the simpliest things to make our mind clear even if it is just for a second. Hang in there.

Harmony’s House said...

We totally understand. We had to move in early to the house we were going to buy because we had to get out of our apartments. It was the seller's fault the closing date was so delayed anyways. Then last week we found out the loan we had been approved for was declined. I guess they took a second swoop over everything and found that Greg's credit score had dropped 5 points. We had to fill out forms for a different loan. Nice to find this out after I've unpacked half of our things huh! We'll pray for you and you pray for us! I'd hate to lose this house if the FHA loan also fails!

Kelli said...

I love the faith of our kiddos. Its refreshing to hear them say it sometimes because it just reiterates we are doing something right! She is right...the Lord has something better.

bettina said...

bummer! I can't believe it took that long for you to find all that out! Emily is right, there is something better out there!:)