Saturday, February 14, 2009

Two Sisters One Heart 10K

So this morning I did the Two Sisters - One Heart 10k to benefit the conjoined twins we have living out here in Queen Creek. I've only been training again for a couple of weeks after almost 2 months of very little running. I really didn't have any expectations for my performance but I was happy to finish under an hour especially since I struggled the last two miles with a cramp. Besides the cramping, I actually felt pretty good and finished in 58 min. 36 sec. My cousins from my dad's side of the family where there too. They make me feel SO SHORT! What would I give to steal a few inches from them? Hummmm....


Mainly I was there to support these two little beauties.
I had the opportunity to hold Talor and Emma one Saturday at a volleyball game. The moment I put them in my arms, I couldn't help but start crying. They are so precious! I hope that the proceeds from this benefit and other efforts will make it possible for them to have the surgeries they need. They were definitely worth running for!

2 comments:

Miss Niss said...

i'm so glad you got to run, and for such a wonderful cause...great job on your time too!!!

Kelli said...

Sorry for it taking so long to comment. I'm proud of you. Great job on it all. They are quite cute. One of my daycare families is their neighbor and they are always giving updates!

Thank you for running on their behalf. Cramp and all.

PS...You can come dance your booty off with me anytime.