Here was the "LUCKY" egg this year, a very special tribute to Brigham Young's greatest fan! I thought it was really sweet as Weston's dad was so much on our minds that day.
All my nieces and nephews got together to say a quick prayer asking for a "little" help from the other side. Their hopes were to find it and give mom the money. Call it what you want but I think they got some help! Traditionally it takes quite a while to find the egg. They usually have to narrow the search boundaries quite a few times until there's nothing short of a mob kicking dust all over the place in a desperate hunt for the treasure. Not this year though! This year the egg was found just after the hunt began... by OUR family! I wasn't close enough to see it but apparently Emily uncovered the well hidden lucky egg and then got a little help from her cousin Austin to dig it up without breaking it so they more or less found it together. Hurray!!!
What they ended up deciding on was to give mom half the money and then they split the rest between Emily and Austin. I think they wanted to give mom all the money but knowing my mother-in-law...she wouldn't have taken it. She can be quite stubborn about these things. I think everyone was satisfied that she at least took some of it if only to make them happy.
One thing was for sure...it was super nice to have nearly all of Weston's family here this year. Only 26 of the 32 grand kids where there. It was really fun and much needed even though Weston's mom was still having a hard time. I thought she held it together pretty darn well all things considered. She's a very brave woman.
Oh how I just LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVE Weston's butt!!! Wait a second, did I just say that on here?
Oh my. What just got into me?







No comments:
Post a Comment