Thursday, September 23, 2010

Morris Reunion 2010


Yay! We're here!!!

Call us crazy but the very next weekend following our Memorial camp trip we headed out of town for yet another one. Not just any one though...this was the Morris Reunion. Ahhhhh, the annual Morris Reunion. Let me tell you, I think my kids look forward to this almost as much as they do Christmas. And why shouldn't they? Three or fours days with your cousins with little to no supervision the whole day, a flowing river to play in and TONS of junk food they don't normally get to eat. What's not to love?!? 

There was more water this year than I have ever seen it before. It was a blast!

It's actually a near miracle we made it all this year. Weston got really sick the morning we left. We had everything loaded the night before except the coolers which Jalon and I had to do ourselves. I had already loaded them with ice before I realized Weston wasn't going to be able to help me, so Jalon gave it a try. They were so heavy but he did it. I tell you, that little boy is soooooo strong for his age!

Once we got up to White River, Weston immediately hit the sac in his mom's trailer and thankfully was feeling much better by that evening. We were hoping it was only going to be a 24 hour thing and it ended up being even less than that. Hallelujah!!!

 
Dustin and Jalon....two little peas in a pod. They were completely inseparable!

Cole was in heaven the entire time!
Saturday, reunion day, the committee in charge organized a carnival for the kids. My kids had a blast going around to all the booths to play various games and win candy.



They also had a hula-hoop contest which my nephew Brayden won. He was fantastic.


Jalon getting into the action!

Cole too!
Ben Morris. Sorry Ben, I had to. It's not everyday you see a macho police officer in a snug fitting tie-dye!
Just having a little fun. In case you can't read Eden's face it says, "I'm with stupid". Ha, ha.
Also, somehow, and I have no idea how....Weston got roped into doing the marshmallow eating contest. I'm not kidding you when I say he has the most sensitive stomach than any man I know. How on earth he agreed to this was beyond me. I had to laugh because he looked like he was going to hurl the entire time. What a nut!


Weston about ready to puke!

Remember all those wind storms we had last Spring? Well, those storms blew over a ton of tall pine trees in White River this year. So many in fact, we had NO WHERE to set up a volleyball court! Yes, you heard me right....NO VOLLEYBALL this year! I think that was a first....EVER. We were a little concerned at how we all would cope or function for that matter but believe it or not everything turned out all right. What-do-ya-know! We actually spent more time with our families!  Okay, I probably shouldn't poke fun too much. I definitely missed it but it was nice to have my husband around helping a little more than normal and we spent more time enjoying the kids which was really nice.

My Cutie Pie!

Cooper and Cole covering a rock in sand.

Mud wars....slinging mud across the river. Fun, fun!

Cole and Darby. Cole was in heaven! This was the first time he actually went "tubing".

Emily and Darby.

Getting ready to take a bath in the river.....at night! Ooooo, scary!



JJ and Dustin.

Saturday night ended with the famous family talent show. It was amazing as always. Emily did a number with her cousins Darby and Lincoln. They did this song called "Pizza Love". It was really cute and very catchy. Yes, we sing this one all the time now, too much sometimes and then you can't get it out of your head.

Sunday, was a nice, relaxing, lazy day. We spent our morning skipping rocks and cooling our feet in the river. It also happened to be our 12th wedding anniversary. Yay, us! We still haven't had a chance to do anything special....ah, one of these days.



It was a great trip and we were feeling very blessed to have been able to go. Can't wait until next year....although next year.....my little nephews better keep their dirty hands off my dinner!!!


1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh this looks so fun! Nice shirt Ben.

I'm so glad you all had so much fun at your reunion. Reunions are always so much fun.